शनिवार, 18 जून 2022

First rain of the season


Though I have understood that reading is more important than writing and after reading more and more I have realised that my writings have been of poor quality and quality comes from self effortlessly. 

But this has been an annual affair now for Chirayu to recite a few lines in front of his class and I try to write a few lines for him which i don't say is a poem :)

First rain of the season

 

Its petrichor* the fragrance

when I feel and sense;

I dance and sing the songs

my soul just goes buoyant!

*petrichor is the fragrance of the soil after the first rain of the season.

 

I smell the lovely wind

after the heated months;

and my heart is drenched

when the first rain comes.

 

I am not alone, you know;

to cheer with me, are the plants;

waiting in the window

they were bored for the months!

 

trees standing tall around

hug others and swing

those dull and dusty leaves

are lush and so pristine

 

I hop on the cycle

and go to ride around

I ride up the hill

n roll down, down, down!

 

joyous trees wave to me

with the musical breeze;

roaring waves of the ocean

dance to make me please.



0 टिप्पणियाँ:

कविता by निपुण पाण्डेय is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License. Based on a work at www.nipunpandey.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.nipunpandey.com.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP